Sunday, June 23, 2013

Herbs in a Basket



When we recently went through the boxes in the attic, I came across this wire hanging basket. It was left behind by a previous tenant when I moved into an apartment and I took it with me when I moved out. I found some inspiration on Pinterest and decided to make it into an herb planter.


I used landscape fabric to line the baskets so the dirt wouldn't just fall through the holes. I cut a large square of it and stuck it in each basket.


Then I took on of the herb pots I purchased and set it into the fabric lined basket. I filled around it with potting soil, and then cut off the excess landscape fabric.


And voila.


Now I have fresh herbs right outside the door whenever I need them.


Not to mention I think they snazz up the porch quite nicely!

1 comment: