Our focus is slowly shifting to the basement, which we've been working on in spurts for the last 4 years.
There's not much to report, as we haven't really accomplished anything (besides Cait smashing the old fireplace surround with a sledgehammer) so I'm stopping in with a wedding update.
I wanted to make those adorable name hangers for mine and my bridesmaids' dresses, but I didn't want to pay much for them, as I strongly dislike paying for things that I can make myself. After reading this tutorial, which I found on Pinterest, I decided I'd try my hand at making them.
I got a pack of 5 wooden hangers from Bed Bath & Beyond and a spool of 16 gauge wire from Home Depot. I then used needle nose pliers to bend the wire into letter shapes. If I was unsure of the best way to form a certain letter, I just googled "wedding hangers" and found an example that had the letter in question. My first attempt was not so pretty.
Not the worst thing ever, but definitely not a finished product. Once I got going on my second one, I really started getting the hang of it. Once I was happy with how the name looked, I drilled holes in the hangers and hot glued the ends of the wire in place.
Not too shabby, I reckon!